Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When raspberry met mint

Raspberry muffins (without mint)

I felt like clearing out the fridge and cupboards and using up half eaten stuff, I was stuck in the house with Rhys, the bloke was mending his car, the rain was pouring. So I found raspberries, left over from our photo shoot where I made these cute raspberry cheesecake pots. I wanted to do something simple, I wanted to share it with my neighbour, Johanna, I wanted to also try something a little different.

So, I decided to go for a straight Raspberry muffin, and for the something different, I added some mint to the last few muffins. Now, I should have worked out from the blokes expression and Vanessa's silence, then " righto, it's not something I would go for" that maybe mint wasn't a clear winner with raspberry muffins, but I had mint and I had it in abundance, and a few people had posted recipes on the internet (so it must go together, right?)

Yeah right! I have created my first ever cannabis-free GREEN muffin - bloke looked a little excited, Johanna said she would reserve judgement until the taste test (I'll leave her to comment!) and I felt like a bit of a dick!



So guys, don't try that one at home - unless kermit is coming for morning tea but do try Raspberry muffins, I added ricotta to this recipe as I think it would make them a bit special.


Raspberry and ricotta muffins
Makes 12


1 cup plain yoghurt
75g butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup of brown sugar
150g raspberries
175g ricotta, softened


Set oven temperature to 180c. In a bowl beat butter, ricotta, vanilla and sugar. Add beaten eggs. In another bowl sift flour and baking powder. Fold into creamed ingredients. Add yoghurt. Fold in berries. Gently mix but don't over mix. Spoon into greased muffin trays. Add a few berries to the top of muffins and bake for 20 mins or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment