Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lemon and Sour Cream Loaf

Lemons ideas part four 
The problem I have is whatever I make, I am tempted to eat. I decided to make these loaves for my mum and dad, my auntie and a family friend. There is no calories in licking the bowl is there?

All ready to give to my lovely dad... 
I ended up making 3 smallish loaves so sandwiched them together with a bit of the icing and topped them with the candied lemons in from my last post.

Topped with candied lemons - will tell you how in the next post!
Lemon and sour cream loaf 
Lemon and Sour cream loaf from ECook

125 grams butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 grated rind lemons
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/4-1/2 cup mixed peel
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp lemon juice


1.  Beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind to a cream. Add the egg and beat well.
2.  Beat in the sour cream. Fold in the sifted flour and peel alternately with the milk and lemon juice.
3.  Spread into a well-greased and floured 10 cm x 20 cm loaf tin.
4.  Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes until cooked when tested.


The sour cream icing was amazing!
Sour cream icing 
All I did for the icing was follow the same method as a cream cheese icing on a cheese cake. Sour cream is not as thick as the cream cheese so beating it with icing sugar made it on the runny side so I decided not to add any lemon juice. In hind sight lemon peel would have been nice. Refrigerate before you spread it on the cakes.
Enjoy X


2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I wish I had a loaf all to myself for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I absolutely love the dripping frosting. Think I'll have to make this recipe very soon :)

    ReplyDelete